This release comes 4 months after 1.34.0, contains contributions from 36 contributors, and resolves 140 issues.
Among other new features, it adds more than 40 new SQL functions in various libraries such as BigQuery and Spark.
It is worth highlighting the following improvements:
- Some improvements in calcite core.
- [CALCITE-5703] Reduce amount of generated runtime code
FamilyOperandTypeCheckeris not readily composable in sequences
- [CALCITE-5425] Should not pushdown Filter through Aggregate without group keys
RelToSqlConvertershould retain the aggregation logic when Project without
RexInputRefon the Aggregate
- Some improvements in simplifying an expression.
CAST(e AS t) IS NOT NULLto
e IS NOT NULL
1 > x OR 1 <= x OR x IS NULLto
Improve simplification of
(x < y) IS NOT TRUEwhen x and y are not nullable
SEARCH(1, Sarg[IS NOT NULL])should be simplified to
IS NOT NULLcheck when
LIKEcomparison is present
- [CALCITE-5769] Optimizing